Elliot Rodger and Misogyny

nydailynews.com/elliotrodger

There is not much more I can say than has already been said. This sickens and saddens me, and I wanted to address part of this in the most respectful way I can.

Elliot Rodger swore to punish those who had rejected him. Misogyny kills. This wasn't the first time, and sadly, won't be the last. His words are deeply disturbing. "You girls have never been attracted to me," he says, "and I will punish you for it."

We tell girls to keep their guards up, never to walk home alone, to carry mace, to cover their drinks, not to trust. We tell girls not to wear short skirts, we tell girls they're asking for it. When I was a freshman in high school, I got death threats, I got rape threats, I was harassed. And I was told that "boys will be boys".

This article is a good read.




This is not ok. None of this is ok.

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them" -Margaret Atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment