Spit or Swallow (Followup)

I got a lot of feedback on my post yesterday, which is awesome, I love hearing what you think. But I realized that throwing in research about the benefits of semen could've been a little confusing, and I wanted to clarify what I was trying to say.

Our culture puts a lot of pressure on the idea that people should be going down on men, for whatever reason. In these articles, instead of just presenting information (even though their information is true!), they cast it in a way that suggests women should should be doing just that. Neither article suggests that men drink their own semen, both assume that women (or gay men, as HerCampus acknowledged) swallow during a blow job. 

HerCampus writes, "It’s no secret that many men enjoy oral sex, but what about their female sex partners? There are a number of opinions regarding this topic in the female community, ranging from if we should plug our noses, close our eyes, and swallow the cum back like a tequila shot, or ignore the courtesies and spit it out," and goes on to argue that swallowing has more benefits.

And that's fine! If you're informed about your partner, go ahead. But you don't have to, and that's my point. It's not ever required, and you shouldn't have to feel expected or pressured to. I think sex is a good thing, and I think safe sex is a great thing.

Be informed, know the risks, and make your own choices. When I say "safe", I mean "informed". If you know you and your partner are clean, obviously, this isn't something you need to worry about. Know your partner. Get tested. Throat cancer isn't going to spring up out of the blue. If you're having sex with multiple partners, know what steps you can take to protect yourself, and if you choose to not use protection, know how you can get yourself tested if you suspect you caught something.

As always, be safe. Have fun.

P.S. Fun DIY project, because it's not fair that I'm neglecting cunnilingus. You can cut open a condom to make your own dental dam! Or use plastic wrap, as long as it's not the kind meant for steaming (that can have little holes). 

Seriously though, this looks pretty gross. Someone try it and tell me what it tastes like.

1 comment: